Saturday, December 13, 2014

2015 Books

I've been having trouble getting into books these last few months, and today it finally occurred to me that the problem might not be me--maybe it's the books. I looked over my list of 2014 books, and realized that out of all 28 books I read, there were only five that I loved. (The Bitter Kingdom, Vicious, The Night Circus, Born Wicked, and an unpublished WIP I critiqued) There were a few others that I liked, but when it comes to books, I want to get excited about them.

So this is what I'm going to do. In the next month, I'm going to finish Arclight and The Twistrose Key. Then, in 2015, I'm going to read books I'm excited about. Here is my list:

Books I already own:

SOME GIRLS ARE - finished!
CHARM AND STRANGE - finished!
DARK PLACES - finished!
THE DIRTY STREETS OF HEAVEN - finished!
SORROW'S KNOT - finished!
FEED

Books to buy/obtain from library:

WE WERE LIARS - finished!
THE ARCHIVED - changed to A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC, b/c it sounds awesome - finished!
BLUE LILY, LILY BLUE - finished!
STAR CURSED - finished!
POINTE - finished!
PANTOMIME - finished!
OTHERBOUND - finished!
SERAPHINA - finished!
WILD AWAKE - finished!
IN THE SHADOW OF BLACKBIRDS - finished! (audio)
THE OCEAN AT THE END OF THE LANE - finished! (audio)
FALLING INTO PLACE - bought!
FIENDISH
ETA: THE GIRL WHO NAVIGATED FAIRYLAND IN A SHIP OF HER OWN MAKING  - bought!

Books that are coming out in 2015:

UNDER A PAINTED SKY - finished!
PLEASE DON'T TELL - coming out in 2016
MADE YOU UP - finished!
NONE OF THE ABOVE
WATCH THE SKY
BLACK DOVE, WHITE RAVEN - currently reading
ETA: WALK ON EARTH A STRANGER - bought!

Also, I'm going to add a couple of books that are receiving major hype that I can use for Summary Reactions posts:

AN EMBER IN THE ASHES - finished!
RED QUEEN - finished!

That's 28 books, so I'm confident I can get finish them all in a year and hopefully still have room for other books.

Edit: Apparently, some of my friends are doing a book/movie club, so I get to add more to the list.

Book Club 2015:

THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES - finished!

Edit: Other books I've decided to read.

Other Books:

THE LOWLANDS (audiobook) - finished!
GONE GIRL (so I can read blog posts about it without being spoiled) - DNF (had to return to library)
THE CASUAL VACANCY (audiobook) - DNF (boring)
A PICTURE OF DORIAN GRAY (audiobook) - finished!
THE SECOND MANGO - Shira Glassman - finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...