Thursday, September 18, 2014

Book Review: A Vault of Sins, by Sarah Harian

Book #2 in the Chaos Theory series

This book was a mess. The first half of it had no plot, and basically consisted of useless dream sequences and the characters reading bad fanfiction about themselves. It's the type of thing that might have been cute or funny in online bonus content, but not the sort of thing people actually pay money to read.

Around halfway through the novel, the plot actually started happening, although that part mostly consisted of sex and kissing, and the novel still left much to be desired up until the last fifty pages. The last fifty pages was where all the action was crammed in, and it's the only part of the novel I would actually consider good.

The ending of the novel made it clear that there will be a third book in the series, but I doubt I'm going to pick it up. The half-revealed conspiracy theories aren't impressing me that much, and I'm too pissed at being dragged through 100 pages of bad fanfiction that I'm almost too spiteful to buy another book in this series. (If I do decide to pick up the third book, it will be for no reason other than me wanting to see Valerie have a happy ending.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...