Sunday, March 30, 2014

New Adult Project: "The Wicked We Have Done," by Sarah Harian (recommended)



THE WICKED WE HAVE DONE is an NA science fiction novel about people who have done horrible things, so you can imagine that it's been on my to-read list for a long time. Did it meet my expectations? Well, let's look at the list:

Things I liked:

1. the secondary characters--especially Valerie and Tanner
2. engaging--I read the book in a day, even though I had other things to do
3. a well-developed lesbian relationship (I'm really pissed about how it ended though--do LGBT endings always have to end tragically)
4. the author wasn't afraid to kill off your favorite characters

Things I didn't like:

1. the protagonist was boring
2. the love interest wasn't much better
3. it's difficult to relate to Evalyn's guilt and self-hatred, since you don't know exactly what she did until the end of the book (YMMV on whether her actions were truly guilt-worthy. Personally, I think they were, but I would have related to her guilt a lot more if I actually knew (or had a more concrete hint) about what she did earlier on. (Like, at the very least, I would have liked some certainty that she'd ACTUALLY killed someone.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...