Saturday, January 18, 2014

WIP Marathon Check-in #7

Last check-in: 200 word into chapter 8 re-write (21,900 words)

Currently: 1000 words into chapter 8 (current word count = 22,700)

WIP issues this week: No major issues.

What I learned this week in writing: My main writing problem is actually sitting down to write. I used to tell myself that I'd write when I got home, after that day's responsibilities were taken care of, but that strategy isn't usually successful--for one, because I'm tired, and for another, because "I'll write later" can mean anything from "I'll write as soon as I get home" to "I'll write after I've browsed the internet" to "I'll write after dinner" to "I'll write at midnight." Usually what happens is that I don't end up writing anything at all.

Lately, I've been finding more time to write in the mornings--when I'm more productive and when I have a foreseeable time limit. I actually looked at my schedule and figured out which days I'd be able to write and which I wouldn't. This week, I only had two writing days (three if you count today, but I decided to take care of blogging first), hence the low word count.

What distracted me this week while writing: This was the last week of our neuroscience course, so I had two exams and a presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...