Sunday, January 5, 2014

WiP Marathon Check-In #5 (NEW YEAR UPDATE)

Things I’m glad I did in 2013: I started med school, finally moved out of Jersey, went to BEA, wrote the first draft of a scientific review article, got back into horseback riding, and added 20,000+ new words to my WIP.

In 2014, I’d love to: Finish the WIP!

Last check-in: Finished writing/editing first 5 chapters (12,800 words)

Currently: Finished editing chapter 6 (current word count = 15,800 words)

WIP Issues this week: Mostly, I just haven't been motivated to write much this week.

What I learned this week in writing: Most of my writing this week was simple edits, so I don't feel like I learned that much.

What distracted me this week while writing: Lots of things. Went out with friends. Doctor's appointments. Let my friend convince me to come to an overpriced NYE show with a mediocre headliner who didn't even show up because of snow in Cleveland, so instead we had to listen to some god-awful annoying DJ play Nelly and other shit music. (On the bright side, my friend paid for my ticket, so it wasn't entirely my loss.) Classes started on Thursday, and I've been watching them online. I drove back from St. Louis yesterday. Also, got back into Once Upon a Time (still shitty, but at least season 2 has a plot--don't judge).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...