Saturday, November 30, 2013

WIP Marathon Intro

Against my better judgment, I have decided to do WIP Marathon this time around. My writing/revision progress has been slow enough that I could use the boost. (And also, it kinda sounds like fun.)

Marathon goal: Umm, let's see. There are 9 weeks between now and February 1st. I guess my goal then is to revise ~7-8 chapters.

Stage of writing: I never actually finished the draft, so I'm alternating between writing new chapters and revising old ones. I recently revised my first chapter and re-wrote my second. Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to re-write chapter 3.

What inspired my current project: I've promised myself that I will not discuss this until the novel is finished. Which might be never.

But if you're curious, it's YA/NA portal fantasy.

What might slow down my marathon goal: Laziness. Finals. (I have four exams in the next two weeks.)

Mostly, though, it's trying to find the best way to write each chapter. Currently, I'm stuck on chapter 3. It's not the most interesting chapter. It involves seeing a new world for the first time and introducing a handful of characters. Also, I have two protagonists, and I'm not sure whose POV would work best for it.

Best time of the day for writing: I focus best in the morning, but I usually end up writing at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...