Thursday, September 12, 2013

September Update

I just got through my first onslaught of exams, and wow, medical school tests are hard. (Apparently, it's totally fair game for anatomy teachers to test you on stuff you never learned in class.) But I passed everything (I think), so all turned out well in the end.

A lot of the books I snagged at BEA are coming out in September. I won't have time to finish all of them this month, but I will try to review as many as possible. Rose Under Fire, the companion novel to Code Name Verity, came out last week, and I plan to have it finished and reviewed tonight. It's not as good as its predecessor, but that's admittedly an impossible bar to set. I still like it a lot, an the poetry is growing on me.

The Edge of Normal came out yesterday. It's a New Adult thriller about a young woman who is recovering from a kidnapping experience. I only read a few pages of it, but it's very engaging, and I'm going to finish it soon after Rose Under Fire. The Dream Thieves, the sequel to The Raven Boys, also comes out this month. I listened to The Raven Boys on audio and absolutely loved it. I'm not a big re-reader, but it's the sort of novel you can read/listen to over and over again. As you can imagine, I can't wait to pick up The Dream Thieves. Also, I keep hearing really good things about All the Truth That's in Me.

There's also one other book I've been meaning to finish for a long time...so I should do that soon..

So that's what you can look forward to review-wise. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...