Saturday, June 29, 2013

Updates: Reading, Writing, Life

Hello everyone! I have internet in my apartment now, so I'm back to my usual mind-warped drone self.

Some updates:

Reading: I finished a couple more ARCs. I'll post brief reactions here, but the actual reviews won't go up until closer to the release date.

-Indelible - Beautiful style, unique concept, and a very original romantic plotline. I wasn't totally satisfied with the worldbuilding, though--it wasn't bad worldbuilding, I just didn't get to see enough of it. (But there's a sequel!)

-Crown of Midnight (sequel to Throne of Glass) - Cliche and predictable, but still entertaining.

I'm currently reading The Twins, by Saskia Sarginson. It's beautifully written, and the characters have incredible depth. I'm only reading two chapters at a time, since it's one of those books that's best to read slowly. I also plan to start The Bone Season tomorrow.

Writing: I'm trying this new thing where I write first thing in the morning. Most days I write very little, but it's still a good habit to get into. Will I continue this for a long time? Who knows.

Life: Two more awesome things about Louisville: 1) my roommate, 2) grilled cheese donuts


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...