Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Medical School Announcement

Hi guys!

A few of you might remember that I got into medical school back in October. As it was still very early in the application cycle, I didn't want to mention the name of the school, but now that I'm done with interviews and heard back from every school, I can finally make the announcement.

I'm going to the University of Louisville.

I applied to fifteen schools and received six interview invites (one of which I declined). I ended up with one rejection, two waitlists, and two acceptances. Out of those two schools, it was an easy decision. Louisville was the first school where I interviewed and I knew immediately that it was a perfect fit. The people were incredibly friendly and the students were all relaxed and happy. It was also the school that fit my interests best. Not only do they have a spinal cord injury research center, but they are also affiliated with a hospital that has performed more hand transplants than any other place in the world--and they recently received $1.5 million dollars to do more! I also really liked the city--it's small enough that I can live downtown and still be close to campus, it's a cheap place to live, it's a great place for hiking and horseback riding, the tap water is actually drinkable, and most importantly, their "rush hour" involves cars that are still moving. (You don't realize how important this is until you've lived in north Jersey.)

Today I set up a summer job in one of their spinal cord injury labs. I'm leaving right after BEA, and I can't even begin to express how excited I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...