Thursday, March 21, 2013

Book Recommendation: "Code Name Verity" by Elizabeth Wein


I loved this book and I'm only partially going to tell you why. Part of the experience of this book is not knowing what it is upfront. What I will tell you--it's incredibly written, detailed and powerful and beautiful and raw. The characters are brilliant and real and will steal your heart right out of your chest. I finished this book two weeks ago, and I still can't let go of it emotionally.

Just...read the first chapter. It might not be your thing. But if it is, then prepare for a story and characters you'll never forget.

[Note on the "New Adult" label--I'm not actually sure how old the characters are, but given that these characters are working and independent, I consider this book New Adult. I was hesitant about advertising it as such right now, but maybe in a few years, after NA's reputation starts to go beyond the "trashy chick lit erotica" genre,  this book will find a good home on that shelf too.]

1 comment:

  1. It's next on my TBR list and now I'm tempted to start it right this second *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...