Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Armchair BEA: Networking and Blogger Meet-ups

Wednesday's topic for Armchair BEA is 'using your blog for real-life networking.' Examples include author signings, literary events, blogger get-togethers, etc.

Honestly? Yeah, I got nothing. The only "event" I've ever attended was one of Patrick Rothfuss' signings, and that was before I started this blog. Patrick Rothfuss is a really entertaining guy, so I'm glad I went. I'm not sure if I consider that "networking" though.

But what about meeting up with other bloggers? The problem with blogger relationships is that I'm never sure what our relationship is. Are we friends, or just people who enjoy what the other person has to say? And how do I know if our relationship goes both ways? Do you see me as an interesting person, or am I just one of a hundred other blogs you follow? (And I'm sure you're wondering the same thing about me.)

With that said, I would definitely be open to meeting other bloggers face-to-face. So if you're ever in the New York or north Jersey area...

1 comment:

  1. I don't see author signings as a way to network. The authors are only interested in their agenda for the day. As for blogger meet-ups, I am reluctant to participate. There are too many crazies out there ready to pounce on you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...