Saturday, March 17, 2012

You know you're a writer when...

Today, a girl from my lab was sitting in the cafeteria with one of her friends. A few of us came down for coffee and my our labmate introduced us to her friend.

I couldn't stop staring at her.

The first word that came to mind was "flawless." Her skin was perfectly smooth and even, and it was a little eerie. Her body was long and skinny and she had incredibly long hair that fell around her like a curtain. At first, I thought I might be attracted, but the next moment I realized that I didn't even think she was pretty. She had the long pointy chin of a cartoon witch, and when she looked in your direction, her eyes looked like wide, pale bulges. It reminded me of Gollum, actually.

Like this. I swear.

Anyway, I have been attracted to girls before, and I know what that feels like. But this wasn't attraction, or at least not the sexual/romantic kind. It was something else. A "prose crush," I guess.

Do you ever have those moments when you see someone/something, and what you see is so striking that you have to describe it? To put it to words, somehow? Because it sure as hell is weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...