Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Girl on Fire

My sister-in-law was asked to cater a couple of office parties recently. Two of her friends were over tonight, and she was making biscotti for them. At one point, she joked about how she had a new name for her "company." She brought out a magazine and flipped it to a page advertising some Italian chocolate. "I will call it 'Dolce Vivere'" (the name of the chocolate).

On the opposite page was an ad for "Capitol Colours," the nail polish line inspired by The Hunger Games. I was glancing down at the ad when I heard my brother screaming. My sister-in-law had been reaching over a set of tea lights, and her bathrobe caught fire. Embers were spreading across her sleeve and back, and they didn't go away when my brother slapped at them, so he pulled the robe off of her and stomped out the fire.

The thought that popped into my head right then: I'll rip off your cape if you'll rip off mine.


(Oh, and my sister-in-law is fine, by the way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...