Friday, January 20, 2012

Book Recommendation: Like Mandarin, by Kirsten Hubbard



I really don't know how to describe this book without sounding cheesy. (Not that it's a cheesy book by any means. Like Mandarin is actually a beautiful book.)

Let's try:

Mandarin is the manic pixie dream girl gone bad, and Grace is the girl who wants nothing more than to be her. This book is for anyone who has ever yearned for something beautiful and magical and wild. It's a book about illusions and how those illusions are broken, but how, despite this, there is still something beautiful left behind.

Yeah, like I said. Cheesy.

Anyway, I love this book for two reasons. 1) The setting. Oh, the setting! It's beautifully described, and Kirsten Hubbard makes it come to life. 2) I could relate to it. And I'm normally a cynic who doesn't relate to anything.

I wish I could say more, but I would just be prattling on. So just read it, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...