Friday, December 2, 2011

This is the part where I need someone to kick me back into gear

Where I should be by December 31st: 75,000 words
Where I should be by (the end of) today: 43,017 words
Where I actually am: 40,560 words

As you can see, I am behind again. Other than the four or five scenes that I decided to save for later, I have finished "Part One" of my novel. (Note: That doesn't take into account the necessary edits I will have to make.)

The last draft of Part Two had too much of a high school drama feel. I figured out what I needed to do to fix that, but I'm not really sure how to execute it. This means I'm stuck. I'm trying to outline backwards, but I'm stuck at the point where the real "plot" ends (or begins, I should say, since I'm going backwards.)

I still have at least ten scenes that consist of character development, world-building, and flashbacks, and I need to figure out where to put them.

***

On a brighter note, I finished M.T. Anderson's Feed last night. It is, without a doubt, the best book I read all year. I will post my review of it tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...