Monday, October 17, 2011

Writing Motivation and the Westboro Baptist Church

Since I have fulfilled a lot of my immediate RL responsibilities, I have decided that now I need to have some serious "My Novel and Me" time. This will probably entail a lot of hours spent in cafes and a lot of angsting, and hopefully, lots and lots of words. Preferably the good kind of words.

Unfortunately, years of school and homework and being an honor student/pre-med has made me incapable of working without a deadline. Even if I tell myself "finish by this day" I know that the deadline isn't actually enforced, so it might as well not exist.

A friend of a friend recently gave me an idea that should ensure I never miss a deadline ever again. So here goes:

If I fail to complete 75,000 words on The Temple Well by December 31st at midnight, I will donate $50 to the Westboro Baptist Church.


What the hell am I getting myself into?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...